Pages

Thank You for Visiting!


Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 3

Bench Brunch

Since I started staying home, Amelia and I have created a few new Mama-and-Little-Sweetie traditions.  One of my favorites is Bench Brunch.  A few times a week, we prepare a snack and hit the road.  We take the stroller out of our subdivision and down the street a little ways to our favorite bench.  Once there, we settle in for a bite to eat and a talk about the world around us.  Sometimes we identify cloud shapes, other times we watch the resident hawks hunt.  On especially pretty days, like today, we extend our walk and explore the neighborhood a bit.  On the way home, Amelia always asks me to recline her seat ("make it a hammock, Mama!") and she watches the sky drift by. 

 
Here we are heading out this morning.  I've learned the key to a relaxing Bench Brunch is preparedness.  We each have a snack, water, and a yummy drink (milk for her, tea for me).  We clip my insulated lunchbox to the stroller with a Mommy Hook (love those things!) and then we clip Hammie's leash to the same hook.  I've learned the hard way that Hamlet's leash will slip through my hands right as my tea starts to fall and the stroller tries to jump off the road.  This simplifies the situation just a bit.  This morning was our first BB accompanied by cool autumn breezes, so we also equipped ourselves with light jackets.  What a concept!


Isn't this pathway inviting? 


Today we discovered morning glory blooms in our backyard area!  We have conservation land behind the house and the growth of the foliage in the past year has been outstanding.  I love finding new treasures like these.

I believe the very best part of this little routine we keep is that Amelia and I look forward to it equally.  When I mention is, she is overcome with excitement.   It warms my heart to have something like this to share with her.  As she grows, I hope we continue to keep this tradition.

What traditions or routines do you have?  What special activity calms your mind and lightens your soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!